Calling all potential Captains, Commodores, and Conquistadors to rise to the occasion this holiday season, and offer up your voices as possible candidates for my upcoming animation, Honour Amongst Thieves!!!
While the story is still undergoing changes - and thus the script is subject to change - production will be very fast-paced once my semester begins and I need willing voice actors on stand-by to record the finalized lines at short notice. Thus I am opening auditions now, to give me time to find appropriate voice actors for each character.
If you're interested in auditioning ... Read at least the required lines below.
You may supplement your audition with additional lines, or various versions of the given lines. In fact, I encourage it. Make sure the audio file is readable.
I use a PC and use Windows Media Player for my audio files, and Adobe Premier Pro to compile my animatics, so no i-tunes files please. PLLLEEASSEE make sure you have a microphone that can record decent quality.
It would be a shame to lose a potentially perfect voice due to a technicality. You can audition for more than one character,
in fact I encourage you to try them all. Who knows, maybe you'd make a better James than Louis? Only male voices
will be considered for the final animation. Sorry to any ladies who'd like to try, unless you can pass as a convincing man. Non-DA users are welcome to audition,
so if you know someone who you think might suit the part then by all means encourage them to try!All audition recordings should be e-mailed to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Oh yes, there are some!)
As thanks for those who will contribute to the final animation, all voice actors will be credited.
I am also offering what equates to a colored pencil sketch commission
to the final candidates chosen, of any subject they want.
So what are you waiting for? Let the auditions begin!IMPORTANT: You have until the BEGINNING OF THE NEW YEAR to sumbit your audition clips! I need to have the voices by the time I begin production next semester!
Refer to this storyboard [link]
if you require the context of each line. Louis:
- Though a dandy, Louis doesn't talk like a "flaming queer" unless he's hashing it up on purpose (as he does on a few occasions in the animation). Voice example: [link]
- If possible, he has a slight French accent, but nothing too heavy as to distract from his dialogue. He does speak French several times, so it may help to be familiar with pronouncing French words."Pardon, señor! I was just wondering, is this gold yours?"
"And may I just say, I love what he's done with the place!"
"Oh, but that's where you're wrong, monsieur. My allegiance doesn't lie with my king."
"Je suis bien trop gentil, ça me perdra!"
"What have you done?! That. Is going. To take FOREVER! TO GROW! BACK!!" James:
- Stiff, stoic, uptight. He doesn't break the laws, he enforces them. His voice should reflect this, and be lower than Louis's, more "masculine" sounding. However, I don't have a fixed reference for him, so I'm open to all interpretations.
- If possible, he should preferably have an English accent to further enforce his nationality, as if his obnoxiously large flag wasn't enough ..."I'll be damned if I see that gold fall into the hands of England's enemies! Stay here men, I'm going in after him!"
"So ... you're a pirate, then."
"Oh, you insufferable git!"
"Really? You're concerned with your hair at a time like this?" Santiago:
- As with James, Santiago's voice is open for interpretation, but should reflect the character's dark motivations and heavy-set physical design. Deep, rumbling, possibly grating, and overall very commanding and intimidating.
- The final script will include more cussing and snippets of Spanish, so keep that in mind. He also does a lot of grunting, growling, and hollering, so you're welcome to include yourselves screaming at the microphone for good measure.
- A Spanish accent would be nice, but is not necessary."Heathen! How dare you trespass here! This is the House of God!"
"Theft is a crime, you cretin!"
"You desecrate God's church and assume he'd care?!"
------Thank you all for your time, and for all your support thus far in my project with your feedback and your enthusiasm. Good luck to all the contestants, and I look forward to hearing your submissions!
Louis and Co. © Myself, Shamine A. King